This is a register for all locally trained Health Practitioners. The Provisional Registration period is one year for both diploma and degree holders except for Medical Doctors who undergo internship for one year six months. All Practitioners on this register work under supervision of an approved supervisor. Upon successful completion of this registration period a Practitioner is required to apply for Full Registration after being recommended by their supervisor and head of institution.
Requirements for Provisional Registration of health practitioners in Zambia
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and professional qualification from a training institution offering recognized and approved training programs by the Council
- Proof of passing the HPCZ Professional licensure examination
- Proof of Student Indexing (Index Number)
- Certified copies of Grade Twelve certificate/GCE or statement of Results
- Medical examination report from a government health facility in Zambia
- One passport size photograph (white background-observe formal dressing)
- Certified copy of NRC or Passport for non-Zambians.
- Completed privilege to supervise form for those seeking employment in a registered private health facility
- Certified declaration by the Commissioner of oaths/Notary Public
*Provisional registration is valid for a maximum period of one year (12 months) and can be extended for another period of one year if a practitioner does not meet the minimum requirements for full registration.