Pursuant to Section 37 of the Health Professions Act No. 24 of 2009 of the Laws of Zambia, a person who intends to operate a health facility shall apply to the Council for a license in the prescribed manner and form upon payment of the prescribed fee.
- Complete the Application Form
- Conduct a self-assessment for the Class applied for.
- Pay the prescribed license fees
- Submit Application Form with all supporting documents including a letter inviting the Council to inspect the facility clearly stating the proposed date of inspection
- The Registrar appoints an inspection team to inspect the health facility
- Inspection Team submits reports to Registrar
- The Registrar recommends to the Council Board for:
- Approval if the facility meets minimum requirements
- Rejection of the application if the facility does not meet the minimum requirements