Approval Procedure For Distance and E-Learning Training Programmes
Pursuant to the Health Professions Act No. 24 of 2009 Section 33 (1), “a training institution that intends to offer training in a health profession shall apply to the Council for approval of the training in the prescribed manner and form upon payment of the prescribed fee”. The approval process is in two parts:
Part 1: Submission of the Following Documentation
- Letter of Intent
- Completed Application Form
- Staff Establishment
- Appointment letters, contracts and Curriculum vitae for the Dean, Coordinator and all teaching staff
- Curriculum for approval or Letter from authorizing institution to allow use of their curriculum
- Valid practicing certificates for all staff that are health practitioners
- Memorandum of understanding with the practicum sites
- Proof of payment for the application form as well as the initial approval fee (+/- payment for review of curriculum where applicable)
- Any other applicable documents as listed in Part E of the Application Form
Part 2: Physical Inspection
The Council then conducts a physical inspection of the facilities to be used for training.
Note that It is a requirement that the training programme passes both parts in order to be recommended for approval.